Oil Change Questions
Scheduled Maintenance/Additional Service Questions
• Vehicle manufacturer time and mileage intervals are used as a primary indicator for service recommendations
• Automotive fluids are a secondary maintenance indicator useful in the absence of complete vehicle maintenance records
• Some preventative maintenance recommendations are based on individual fluid manufacturer guidelines and warranties
• In the absence of vehicle manufacturer guidelines for specific service intervals, Express Care will follow commonly accepted automotive industry guidelines
Normal vs Severe Driving Conditions
To determine your vehicle’s service intervals, you may need to establish if your driving conditions meet the criteria for “Normal” vs “Severe” driving conditions. Vehicle driving conditions are considered “Severe” when the customer responds “yes” to any one of the following questions. Otherwise, customer vehicle driving conditions should be considered “Normal”.
• Do you drive in stop and go traffic?
• Do you make frequent short trips?
• Do you drive in extreme temperatures?
• Do you tow or haul?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then according to most automotive manufacturers, the driving conditions for your vehicle would be considered “Severe Operating Conditions”.
Express Care’s Radiator Fluid Exchange uses a vacuum system to evac the radiator by removing used fluid from the engine, hoses and radiator along with any loose rust, sludge and contaminants. We first add a cleaning chemical that breakdowns the scale buildup. Then radiator is flushed. After the radiator is flushed and fluid with the proper ratio of water to coolant/antifreeze is then pumped back into the system. We then add a water pump lubricant to help extend the life of your pump. Your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations are followed when selecting the type and ratio of water to coolant/antifreeze. Radiator caps are inspected for defects and the fluid levels for the radiator overflow tank are filled to the proper level.
When you add Express Care’s Radiator Fluid Exchange service to your regularly scheduled maintenance program, you help to ensure the long life and health of not only your radiator but also your vehicle as a whole.
Benefits of Express Care’s Radiator Fluid Exchange:
• Protects engine and radiator against internal rust damage
• Helps restore engine to proper operating temperatures
• Helps prevents the engine from over-heating or freezing
Transmission fluid is a lubricant, a detergent and the driving force inside a modern automotive transmission. Some manufacturers have increased their recommended transmission fluid change service interval to 100,000 miles but this doesn’t mean you should overlook your periodic fluid level inspections. Since most transmission failures are directly related to lack of maintenance, most major problems can be prevented if the transmission and fluid levels are checked on a regular basis.
Over time, heat and friction cause transmission fluid to break-down. Automatic transmission fluid break-down can result in lower fluid viscosity and power loss, or loss of lubricating qualities that could lead to excess heat and transmission wear. It’s important to check and, if needed, change your automatic transmission fluid as part of your automotive preventative maintenance schedule.
Express Care’s Automatic Transmission Fluid Change uses a motorized vacuum system to remove 99 percent of the worn transmission fluid along with any suspended contaminants in the system. First a cleaner is added to the transmission to help remove contaminants. The transmission system is then flushed and refilled with new transmission fluid that matches your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. We then added a chemical that helps extends the life of your transmission.
• Fuel Injector Cleaner – Used every 3,000 miles to clean fuel injectors to reduce knocks and pings.
• Entire Fuel System Cleaner Service – Every-36,000-mile, 3-step professional service designed to clean your engine’s entire fuel and air intake systems.
• Drain old fluid, inspect plugs and seals and refill using manufacturers recommended viscosity gear box fluid
• Helps protect against bearing and gear failure
• Reduces wear and prolongs the life of the gear box or differential
• Guards against corrosion
• Minimizes wear and tear caused by heat, fast driving, and trailer towing
You don’t have to go to the dealer and here’s why:
• All Express Care products and services maintain your manufacturer warranty
• No appointment necessary at any of our 3 Express Care convenient locations
• Services performed in 15 minutes or less
• No need for alternative transportation
• Best prices on professional services available
• Express Care service history records on all maintenance performed
Your Manufacturer’s Warranty is Protected
The Express Care service team follows your manufacturer’s recommendation when recommending preventative maintenance services for your vehicle just like the dealership. With service from Express Care, your vehicle manufacturer’s warranty is protected.
Express Care Maintains Your Service Records
Express Care maintains a complete service record of all maintenance performed at Express Care, which includes both regularly scheduled maintenance and any additional preventative maintenance performed. Should you ever need documentation for a warranty claim at the dealership, we can print out your complete Express Care service history to verify that you’ve kept up on your vehicle services.
Fleet Service Questions